06 Jun Vacancy – Event Coordinator
About the role
The International Riversymposium is one of the IRF’s flagship programs, providing a unique global forum for river managers, policy developers, scientists, consultants, students, NGOs, indigenous and community organisations and business and industry representatives to share their knowledge, learn from others and collaborate to improve the sustainable management of river basins all over the world.
The Event Coordinator is core to the planning and delivery of the International Riversymposium conference and associated events. The Event Coordinator will ensure all IRF events are well attended, represent the IRF brand to a high standard, align with strategic objectives and help to increase brand awareness locally and Internationally.
The Event Coordinator will also assist with IRF marketing and communication activities including the development and distribution of e-newsletters, website content updates, social media updates and development of printed materials. Communication activities will support both IRF events and other programs.
This position works cooperatively within a small team, liaising with other IRF staff and volunteers, as well as external stakeholders including IRF partners, external stakeholders, government agencies, other NGOs, international organisations and conference suppliers.
This role requires excellent project management, communication and stakeholder engagement skills, as well as the ability to work autonomously and meet strict deadlines. The Event Coordinator will be highly organised with well developed time management skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritise work, close attention to detail, a high level of resourcefulness and initiative and excellent written communication skills.
This role also requires cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Knowledge or interest in the not-for-profit sector and environmental issues would be an asset but is not mandatory.
This position will be for 3-5 days per week, subject to negotiation, for a fixed term until October 2017 with the possibility of extension.
The position is based at the IRF head office in South Brisbane.
Salary is $50,000 – $55,000 incl super, pro rata, depending on experience.
- Eligible to work in Australia
- Degree in Events Management, Marketing, Communication or Business (majoring in marketing or communication) or equivalent
- Exceptional communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English and cross-cultural communication
- Excellent organisational, project and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop and manage productive relationships with external stakeholders and contractors
- Demonstrated ability to influence effectively
- Knowledge of events management, marketing strategies, communication methods, social media, website CMS (WordPress), enewsletter distribution, Microsoft applications.
- Experience in an events role, demonstrating a wide range of duties. Internships included
- Experience in graphic design (Adobe Design Suite)
- Passion for the environment, NGOs, communities and international development.
How to apply
To apply, please email copy of your resume and a cover letter, clearly responding to the section criteria, directly to email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 18 June 2017.