23 Mar IRF update: How we are tackling COVID-19
The International RiverFoundation hopes that you, your colleagues and your families are all well during this unprecedented global event. From our head office here in Australia, we watch with concern and compassion as members of the IRF family deal with this crisis in their own countries.
In light of the circumstances, we have decided to extend the application deadline for the Australasia Riverprize until 7 April 2020. To ensure the safety of the community, we have postponed the Rivers on Fire Breakfast and are working closely with our partners to reschedule this event as well as the Rivers on Fire Forum. Additionally we are putting on hold any planning for the International Riversymposium 2020 in China – we will keep you informed once a final decision is made on this event.
This global crisis will allow us to reflect on new ways of working with you to achieve the three pillars of river leadership, collaboration and celebration. We are taking the opportunity to engage virtually with you though some exciting projects over the coming months. These will include the launch of the Resilient Rivers Blueprint, the opening of River Academy and a number of online RiverEvents.
We have initiated work telecommuting and are now fully operational using web-based technology. Please keep in touch with us digitally via our social media channels and our newsletter for more information and updates on the launches of our new, exciting, and innovative programs.
The IRF board and staff wish you all the very best. Stay safe, stay well, stay resilient.
Dr Eva Abal
CEO, International RiverFoundation